Wednesday, February 24, 2010

{ a messenger }

What a blessed weekend! Friday night was able to grab dinner with Hlee and Kashia then headed out to The Well where Father really spoke through Josh Thompson about truly and solely living for the Lord or the world "The choice to go". Mighty, mighty words were spoken and you could feel the Holy Spirit move among us, stirring up many hearts. After was W.A.R. (Waging A Revolution) and we prayed from 11pm-630am! What a blessing that was! I really didn't think I would make it because I was tired, headache was in effect and I had to work the next morning @ 8am but the Lord just really sent the Holy Spirit to energize me and he kept me focused on what mattered (a devoted time to speak to him) and what didn't matter (the flesh). I left The Well at 630am, couldn't stay to help clean  up because I wanted to come home and change before heading to work. When I got home I took a 30min nap with my baby (poor baby spent her first night alone). Was able to get to work on time and by 9 I was ready to knock aaaaaout!  ;)

Sunday night I attended Day7 where I saw Group 1 Crew!!!!!!!! Ahhh! I absolutely love them! I was able to take a photo and get a autograph. Pastor Steve ALSO spoke about sanctification and evangelizing. The message was titled "Fixated", which covered Exodus 2. It was such a great night! Not only because a great message that was exhorting and encouraging but I got to attend a performance by Group 1 Crew for FREE! Afterwards, while we were all outside mingling, Pastor Steve came over to say "Hi" to us and I was able to FINALLY ask him a question that I've been so eagerly meaning to ask him. He was so cool!


Monday night at Basics guess what we covered? Yep! Evangelizing! Sharing your faith and testimony! I was able to briefly share my testimony and the girls were so willingly to share their past. Praise God for the strength in character He has built, the potter who has molded the clay to be who they are today and have yet to become. Family I truly encourage to share to good news to any and all the people you know. Your friends, family, co-workers and everyone else in between. You may be the only bible someone reads! Share the gospel everywhere you go and if you have to, use words. Speaks words of love and compassion, pray to God for wisdom and words to speak. Rid any calluses, bitterness or malice within your hearts and become clean vessels to further His kingdom. Share the good news not only because it is the amazing free gift to the unsaved but also because it is a order from the Lord.

In the book of Exodus God had request Moses to deliver His people out of Pharaoh's hand and Moses declined. Excusing himself saying that he could not speak and that the Egyptians would not believe him. What was God's answer? "I will certainly be with you." You see God was willing to speak THROUGH Moses. To use him as a tool to deliver His message, a messenger who would be empowered through the words God would give and the miracles he would display.

Family are you making yourself available for Christ to use you? Do you believe that though you are UN-able, Christ is able. Do you believe that when you don't have the words to speak, God will provide the words and wisdom to you? Do you wait anxiously to serve the Lord with all of your heart, soul and mind?

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. - Mark 16:15-16



 

3 comments:

  1. this is food to my soul. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is food to my soul. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing Maria. I love reading your posts! You have such an amazing heart for the Lord. I love you.

    ReplyDelete