Tuesday, February 9, 2010

{ operating slowly due to lack of sleep.. zz }

What a busy weekend! Saturday morning I worked till early afternoon, went to Chuck E Cheese for Jacob's 4th Bday, rushed home to grab baby and packed for our weekend trip to LA! While in LA Tray and I were able to finish my curtains and I made a ruffle pillow with the scrap fabric (see below right side). What a challenging project that was! I was inspired to attack this project as I came across a blog on "How to: Make a Ruffle Pillow". Thanks Kelly + Olive! ;) Tray left me all by myself to finish my pillow and I had no idea sewing a straight line would be so complicated! Part of me wishes the fabric I had wasn't satin but I wanted to recycle and I figured the color would pull things together a bit. On the left is a pillow I also made inspired by a pillow I came across on... target.com?. The white are cut-outs of a felt clothe adhere on with a "iron-on" adhesive sheet I found at Michael's. In case you're wondering, its a peacock (missing the leg, haha).
Onto today!! So I am officially addicted to blogs and their DIY's. I've been promising myself all these projects that I have absolutely no room or cash for, but I can’t seem to hold myself back. ;) I need self-control! Sigh. One thing I REALLY am looking forward to is my patio project. I am truly inspired as I had seen a butterfly/candle display at a local craft store and now I want to completely makeover my patio! My plans are to transform my now "storage/clutter" patio to a garden/pond, tranquil, candlelit, cottage/shabby-chic, lounge area. Exciting, isn't it? I will slowly, but surely keep you all posted on how I tackle that project!

My co-worker went on a women's fellowship trip this weekend in Lake Arrowhead. She came back and shared with me stories of her amazing trip and the wonderful things God had shared with her. In particular, she shared a handout one of the leaders had given out for their devotion on a "Virtous Woman". It was absolutely lovely! The words were so convicting, yet edifying. "A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies." Proverbs 31:10. I encourage you to please take a few moments to read the entire passage (Proverbs 31:10-30) and reflect on yourselves. It describes exactly the duties of a virtous woman, her demeanor and her versatility.

If you have a few moments please visit "
A Virtuous Woman; Proverbs 31 Ministry". This is such a amazing site! You'll find anything from Q+A's, tutorials, devotions, bible studies, recipes and loads more! :) You'll definitely see something that will interest you!

In closing I wanted to show you the gift my co-worker came back with: a awesome blue coffee cup! The cup has scripture: "Without faith it is impossible to please God." Hebrews 11:6. Amen! I absolutely love it because I've been meaning to buy myself a cute coffee mug and I am a firm believer in radical and sanctified believers. Thanks again for tuning in, enjoy your day and please don't hesitate with any feedbacks! :)

Blessings everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm LOVING your blog Mia =)
    I can't wait to see the many future blogs ur gonna post =)
    Thanks for the site. I can't wait to explore.
    I love you and Miss u.

    ReplyDelete