Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Beloved spoke and said unto me: "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away" Song of Solomon 2:10

Here are a few additional things that I read in Chpt. 4, I pray it ministers to you all.

Read below as the author, Leslie Ludy, uses her marriage as a analogy to what our commitment with Christ should be like. Here is what she said:

"When I married Eric, I took his name. I became Mrs. Eric Ludy. I took on Eric's name to solidify my marriage covenant with Him. It wasn't just accepting the title "Mrs. Eric Ludy" - it was totally a change of focus and lifestyle.

What would be the point of taking on the name Ludy if I didn't change my life after the wedding? What if, after the vows were spoken, I went back to my own house, slept in my own bed, and went about my daily life as if I were still single? Bearing Eric's name meant building my life around my new name.

To truly bear the name of my husband - not just in title, but in my daily reality- I had to leave my own life behind and join my groom in my new life. I had to become one with him."

Did you get what she was saying? If not, let me adjust a few words and maybe it will help.

"When you became a Christian, you took Christ's name. You became His daughter. You took on Christ's name to solidify your eternal covenant with Him. It wasn't just accepting the title "Christian" - it was totally a change of focus and lifestyle.

What would be the point of taking on the name Christian if you didn't change your life after accepting Him as your Savior? What if, after the vows were spoken, you went back to your own sins, continued to live against His commandments, and went about your daily life as if you were still of the world? Bearing Christ's name meant building your life around your new name.

To truly bear the name of our Savior - not just in title, but in your daily reality- you haveto leave your own life behind and join your Bridegroom in your new life. You have to become one with him."

When viewed from this perspective, it made perfect sense. If I had chosen to bare Christ's name, if I had chosen to accept Him as my Savior, my Comforter and King.. it would only make sense to leave my old sinful ways behind for better days with Him. We can not only devote part of our lives to the Lord, rather it must be all parts of our lives. We wouldn't part ways with our husband and go back to living as a single woman, so how is it that we somehow convince ourselves that we can return to our sinful lives while still loving Christ? It would be like having a affair while still completely in love and happy with our husband. It is not possible.

Sisters, I truly challenge you to live above what the world considers "norm", we are called to be set apart for Christ. Whether it be in the way we dress, the music we listen to, the way we speak, the way we choose to socialize, our reactions to others or our personal relationship with the Lord, let us keep one key thing in mind: do any and everything to honor and glorify His name. After all, it is the one we have chosen.

"To become a true Christian- one who bears the names of Jesus our beloved Bridegroom- we must leave behind our own lives and come away with Him. We must put aside all of our own selfish desires and pursuits. He must become the sole focus and worship of our lives. As it says in Psalm 45:10-11, "Listen, O daughter. Consider and incline your ear. Forget your own people also, and your father's house; so the King will greatly desire your beauty. Because He is your Lord, worship Him."

Our precious Bridegroom is calling us, beckoning us to leave all behind and come away with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment