Wednesday, July 14, 2010

{ back to the roots }

It's been a while huh?

So, whats new? Not too much, been trying to enjoy the hot temperatures here in Southern California! Aye, sometimes the numbers are so high I can bare staying outside. This weekend I will be running around town looking at apartments then off to Vegas for a 1 day vacay ;)

I'll be moving (yes, again) as my current lease will be ending later this month. A bit exciting and stressful at the sametime. I am going to be living by myself (finally) so this should be interesting. So far I've narrowed my choices down to 2. Pretty soaces, running 800-850 square ft and closer to church. Same city that I currently live in. One I viewed this past Saturday & the other I will be viewing this Saturday. They are only a few blocks from one another. Here's what it boils down to: floor plan, pet rent and stove range. 800 square ft is ALOT to work with being just one person, but not if the floor plan is not functional and does not flow. One of the apartments has a standard $35/month pet rent fee that I do not like, and one has none. Lastly I do not like electric stoves, not only in the way they work but gas ranges are less expensive, so that will also be something I will have to factor in. I'll keep you all posted on what happens :)

Moving on...! I haven't doen too much crafting lately. Over the weekend I've decided I wanted to tackle in a new project. ~`~`~`~`~~`~~~ drum rolls please!!! `~`~`~``~``~~`~`~```~`~~`~`` hmong clothes for Layla!

It's really hard to ignore these urges in me ;) She's my #1 model and I was inspired after seeing Tray's hmong peices this weekend. I've done a little bit of stiching before so this should be interesting :) Heres a few photos that I am holding onto to inspire me, ALSO I came a adorable Hmong inspired outfit out together on polyvore by hovercraft. I absolutely LOVE it! Too bad the garmets are a bit dated and out of stock. Pay a visit and view her other cute outifts she's styled. Have a blessed day family!

Isaiah 40:30-31
"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

No comments:

Post a Comment