Monday, August 23, 2010

{ getting my butt kicked }

So a few weeks ago I purchased Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred workout DVD and yesterday was the first time I was able to get my lazy butt up to go to battle with this flab-bolous body of mine. The DVD consists of strength training along with cardio in a 20 minute workout. I admit, this work out was a killer! I've done at home work out videos before but yesterday's workout definitely got me using muscles that I have not used in a long time! During the work out, you really felt my muscles being used as there is low intensity weight lifting. :) For me it was more than enough! teehee

I'm going to make it a goal to incorporate this workout into my weekly workout schedule as I am aiming to "shed" some weight by October :\ of course that along with more intense cardio and better eating habits. I'm bad at commitment but I will try my best to journal any goals I reach. :)

On another note, my nieces and sister are coming to visit this Wednesday! Whoo-hoo! I'm so excited! My nieces have never been to SoCal & I haven't seen my sister in sometime so I'm uber-EXCITED and look forward to their trip! (This is actually one of the reasons why I bought my workout DVD in the first place haha, but back to the blogging) So far we have beaches, sailing, shopping, hiking and site seeing in our itinerary :) Come back again for photos!

Tomorrow we are throwing a surprise birthday for our manager. The theme? "Revenge of the Nerds". Word on the block is that this is his all time fav movie, and since it is fun and inexpensive we all figured it was a go. I made signs & our sorority patches. I'll be shopping for my plaid shirt, camel-toe pants, suspenders and pocket protector today :) ! Salvation Army here I come! We've all agreed to come in full gear. Funny thing is we may have a surprise visit from corporate and sales reps in our other offices. HA! That'll be funny to see huh? Will be posting photos from that as well.

As for my apartment I am slowly (but surely) putting it all together. I was able to finally find the screws to mount my TV onto the stand so now I can enjoy my HGTV without the sofa arm getting in the way ;) Along with that I have cleared of most of the junk in my living room (leaving only the wall decor) and assembled my desk. I'm proud to say my living space is ALOT more functional now *yay! Well folks, thank you for tuning into my oh-so-entertaining weekend recap ;) have a great week and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment